The Program Associate will be instrumental in supporting a wide range of capacity building and technical assistance that help drive the impact and financial sustainability of the Pupkewitz Foundation's’ portfolio of high-impact nonprofits.
In this position, the Programme Associate will support grantmaking, build and maintain internal and external relationships, conduct research, coordinate convenings and events, and handle other administrative responsibilities.
The Programme Associate supports the design, planning and management of the Pupkewitz Foundation's programme areas by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. The Programme Associate applies established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to the different programme areas. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/ project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Support to programme development, planning and execution • Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results • Support in resource mobilization • Support in knowledge management and capacity building •
1. Support to programme development, planning and execution
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
• Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, and proposals on implementation arrangements.
• Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
• Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
• Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
• Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with Pupkewitz Foundation's rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilization
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating ADAP section and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
• Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
4. Support in knowledge management and capacity building
• Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
• Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal Pupkewitz Foundation systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to programme processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders
- Develop and maintain capacity-building opportunities for individual Foundation grantees and the Namibian nonprofit sector;
- Maintain familiarity with best practices in the organizational effectiveness/nonprofit capacity-building fields locally and nationally;
- Coordinate various activities for multiple grantmaking initiatives, including contributing to strategy, implementation logistics, internal and external communication, and evaluation;
- Conduct due diligence on grant proposals and manage Nonprofit Effectiveness grantee calendar;
- Prepare various written materials on a timely basis, including draft correspondence, meeting minutes, talking points, strategy updates, reports and other related materials;
- Conduct research for strategy papers and memos and assist Program Officer and CEO in preparing documents for internal and external use;
- Support Program Department goals and priorities in coordination with the Director for Programs, including department-level budget planning and special projects;
- Track and maintain consultant relationships and various contracts to advance grantmaking strategy;
- Coordinate, in conjunction with other colleagues, all aspects of meetings, convenings, and other events (including coordinating attendee schedules, invitations, meeting preparation, note taking, set-up and clean-up);
- Manage current calendars and appointments for the Nonprofit Effectiveness team and Grants review process; and perform other administrative tasks as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years related professional work experience preferred
- Combination of relevant education and/or work experience will be considered
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Knowledge of nonprofit management and grantmaking due diligence preferred;
- Familiarity with diversity, equity and inclusion work as it relates to nonprofit sector;
- Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products, including skill with Word, Excel and Power Point required;
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects; organize and coordinate projects with multiple components;
- A creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Coordinate teamwork and work as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Understanding of and commitment to the Foundation’s mission;
- Proactive, participative work style;
- Ability to receive and act on feedback;
- Resourceful and able to work independently;
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Pupkewitz Foundation competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures